Low volume manufacturing is a specialized service offering full production-quality parts but in volumes usually limited to 100,000 pieces or fewer, depending on the process used. This is an increasingly popular option for many product categories, allowing for a more limited investment in tooling and materials while providing quick access to markets, rapid response to shorter product life cycles and as a bridge between initial prototypes and high-volume production.
1. The gate must be designed in the area with the largest wall thickness.
2. The gate should not be set near the high stress area.
3. For the long parts, especially for the reinforced mixture, if the motor is possible, the gate should be set along the longitudinal direction rather than the transverse direction or in the center.
4. If there are two or more cavities, the parts and gate should be symmetrically arranged along the sprue.
5. For axially symmetrical parts, […]