1. The gate must be designed in the area with the largest wall thickness.
2. The gate should not be set near the high stress area.
3. For the long parts, especially for the reinforced mixture, if the motor is possible, the gate should be set along the longitudinal direction rather than the transverse direction or in the center.
4. If there are two or more cavities, the parts and gate should be symmetrically arranged along the sprue.
5. For axially symmetrical parts, such as gears, plates, blades, etc., it is better to use diaphragm gate, and the gate should be set in the center, or multiple gates should be set on the three plate mold to obtain good actual flow characteristics.
6. For the parts with integral hinge joint, the fusion line should be far away from the hinge point when arranging the gate. In any case. It should be avoided to design the melt stop flow part near the hinge point.
7. The gate of cup-shaped parts (such as small shell, capacitor cup, etc.) should be designed near the base to avoid air cavitation.
8. For tubular parts, the melt should first fill the circumference of one end, and then fill the whole length of the tube itself. In this way, the asymmetric shape of the melt flow front can be avoided.
9. When molding around the hole plug, melt out core and other metal inlays, the molten resin should be able to flow around the inlays, so as to minimize the inaccuracy of the inlays.
10. For the exposed surface with invisible defects (such as gate trace), the gate can be set inside and the material can be fed to the pop-up pin by tunnel gate.
11. In complex parts and multi cavity dies with different shapes, the gate position should be as far as possible to avoid the short stop of the melt flow front in the filling process.
12. It is obvious that these suggestions can not cover all applications. In practice, compromise is always needed to achieve balance, which depends on the complexity of the specific molding process.
About JasonMould Industrial Company Limited
Jasonmould is a China mold maker of plastic molds- injection mold, die casting moulds, plastic blow molding, rotational molding, medical plastic injection molding, two shot plastic injection molding, insert molding, overmolding, metal injection molding, micro injection molding, powder injection molding, ceramic injection molding, liquid injection molding, husky injection molding, household mold, casting mold, die mold tool, custom molds, china moulds, rapid prototyping tooling, plastic prototyping tooling, punch press tooling, die and tooling for mobile/ cell phone parts, automotive parts, vacuum cleaners, rechargeable tools, telephones, copiers, computers, multimedia speakers, and many other electronic products and household appliances. And also a plastic product manufacturer, mold manufacturer China– plastic parts, plastic water tank, plastic balls, plastic containers, plastic buckle, plastic anchor, plastic hanger, plastic spoon, plastic pipe fitting, plastic tumble, plastic tableware, plastic cups, plastic bottles, plastic tray, plastic cosmetic container, plastic case, plastic food container, plastic chairs, plastic caps, plastic cap closure, plastic tubes, plastic water pipes, plastic knobs, plastic tubing, plastic utility boxes, plastic racks and so on.
Person: James Yuan
Company: JasonMould Industrial Company Limited
Add: LongGang Village,LongXi Town,BoLuo County,HuiZhou City,GuangDong Province, China
Email: [email protected]