Plastic mold is the abbreviation of a combined mold used for compression molding, extrusion, injection, blow molding and low foaming molding. A series of plastic parts with different shapes and sizes can be processed by the coordinated change of punch, die and auxiliary forming system. In order to meet the needs of molded parts, we need to pay attention to some matters when selecting plastic molds, and put forward corresponding requirements. Now choose a more suitable plastic mold to meet the following six requirements.
1. High corrosion resistance many resins and additives have a corrosive effect on the surface of the cavity. This corrosion makes the metal on the surface of the cavity dissolve and peel off, the surface condition deteriorate and the quality of plastic parts deteriorate. Therefore, it is best to use corrosion-resistant steel, or chromium plating and cymbal Nickel Treatment on the surface of the cavity.
2. Good wear resistance. The gloss and accuracy of the surface of plastic parts are directly related to the wear resistance of the surface of the plastic mold cavity. Especially when some plastics are added with glass fiber, inorganic filler and some pigments, they flow together with the plastic melt at a high speed in the flow channel and mold cavity, which has a great friction on the surface of the cavity. If the material is not wear-resistant, it will wear quickly and damage the quality of plastic parts.
3. Good dimensional stability in plastic molding, the temperature of the plastic mold cavity should reach more than 300 ℃. For this reason, it is best to select tool steel (heat treated steel) with appropriate tempering treatment. Otherwise, it will cause the change of material microstructure, resulting in the change of plastic mold size.
4. Easy to process mold parts are mostly made of metal materials, and some structural shapes are still very complex. In order to shorten the production cycle and improve efficiency, mold materials are required to be easy to process into the shape and accuracy required by the drawings.
5. Good polishing performance plastic parts usually require good gloss and surface state, so the roughness of the cavity surface is very small. In this way, the cavity surface must be processed, such as polishing, grinding, etc. Therefore, the selected steel should not contain rough impurities and pores.
6. The influence of heat treatment is small. In order to improve the hardness and wear resistance, the plastic mold is generally subject to heat treatment, but this treatment should make its size change very small. Therefore, it is better to use pre hardened steel that can be machined.
About Huizhou Dj Molding Co., Ltd
Dj Mold is a China mold maker of plastic molds- injection mold, die casting moulds, plastic blow molding, rotational molding, medical plastic injection molding, two shot plastic injection molding, insert molding, overmolding, metal injection molding, micro injection molding, powder injection molding, ceramic injection molding, liquid injection molding, husky injection molding, household mold, casting mold, die mold tool, custom molds, china moulds, rapid prototyping tooling, plastic prototyping tooling, punch press tooling, die and tooling for mobile/ cell phone parts, automotive parts, vacuum cleaners, rechargeable tools, telephones, copiers, computers, multimedia speakers, and many other electronic products and household appliances. And also a plastic product manufacturer, mold manufacturer China– plastic parts, plastic water tank, plastic balls, plastic containers, plastic buckle, plastic anchor, plastic hanger, plastic spoon, plastic pipe fitting, plastic tumble, plastic tableware, plastic cups, plastic bottles, plastic tray, plastic cosmetic container, plastic case, plastic food container, plastic chairs, plastic caps, plastic cap closure, plastic tubes, plastic water pipes, plastic knobs, plastic tubing, plastic utility boxes, plastic racks and so on.
Person: James Yuan
Company: Huizhou Dj Molding Company Limited
Add: LongGang Village,LongXi Town,BoLuo County,HuiZhou City,GuangDong Province, China
Email: [email protected]